Child Support Modification

Either party may bring a motion to adjust child support every two years based upon a change of income. There may be a basis to modify child support prior within two years if there is a substantial change in circumstances, including a substantial change in income. If you have concerns regarding your child support order and would like to have it reviewed by an attorney, call or email us to arrange a consultation.

Can a Parent be Ordered to pay Their Child’s College Expenses?

Yes, parents can be ordered to pay their child’s college expenses such as tuition, room and board, books, and other expenses. If post-secondary/college expenses are reserved or not ordered in your child support order and you would like to seek a contribution from the other parent, it is important to contact an attorney prior to the child support order terminating. We can also help you if the other parent is seeking to make you responsible for college expenses.

Client Reviews

"Mr Yetter was hired specifically to represent me in a contentious divorce with parenting plan/support complexities. During our consultation appointment, he listened intently with compassion. Asked thoughtful, pertinent questions and laid out a progression plan. Their were multiple court, mediation...

- Melanie

"I hired Mr. Yetter, in a tough time in my life. He was both understanding and knowledgeable. I would use him again in a heartbeat."

- Donald

"Matt Yetter expertly and with sensitivity helped me prepare for and surmount a challenging divorce, where I initially felt overwhelmed and outgunned. Matt was patient and empathic, assisting me to establish and maintain goals that served my best interests and that were ethical to both parties...

- John R., Auburn

Contact Us

  1. 1 Lawyers in Pierce, King, and Thurston Counties
  2. 2 Experienced and Personalized Representation
  3. 3 Free 30-Minute Consultation With an Attorney

Fill out the contact form or call us at (253) 234-1934 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message