You may want to consider a contempt action when the other party refuses to comply with a court order. Sometimes this is the only way to show the other party that you are serious, and they need to fulfill their obligation. If the other party is found in contempt of a lawful court order, the court may order them to pay your attorney fees and costs, issue a money judgement, order makeup time, and in more egregious circumstances, they can order the other person to serve jail time in an effort to coerce compliance with the court order. If you are in a situation where the other person is not obeying the court order or you are being accused of disobeying a court order, we would be happy to discuss your case to determine if a contempt action is right for you or to help defend you if an action has been filed against you.

Client Reviews

"Mr Yetter was hired specifically to represent me in a contentious divorce with parenting plan/support complexities. During our consultation appointment, he listened intently with compassion. Asked thoughtful, pertinent questions and laid out a progression plan. Their were multiple court, mediation...

- Melanie

"I hired Mr. Yetter, in a tough time in my life. He was both understanding and knowledgeable. I would use him again in a heartbeat."

- Donald

"Matt Yetter expertly and with sensitivity helped me prepare for and surmount a challenging divorce, where I initially felt overwhelmed and outgunned. Matt was patient and empathic, assisting me to establish and maintain goals that served my best interests and that were ethical to both parties...

- John R., Auburn

Contact Us

  1. 1 Lawyers in Pierce, King, and Thurston Counties
  2. 2 Experienced and Personalized Representation
  3. 3 Free 30-Minute Consultation With an Attorney

Fill out the contact form or call us at (253) 234-1934 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message