Temporary Orders Family Law

When a case is filed, whether it is for nonparental custody, parenting plan, parenting plan modification, relocation or divorce, the court may enter temporary orders. This is important, because sometimes the trial date can be several months from date of filing. This will depend on the type of case filed, the county filed in and whether there are any continuances. There can be a lot of stress and uncertainty when parents cannot come to an agreement with the other parent or spouse regarding what will happen with the children and child support before the case goes to trial. You do not need to be left with uncertainty prior to final resolution in your case.

If a motion is brought, in addition to a temporary parenting plan and child support, the court can enter restraining orders, order assessments for drug and alcohol, order a mental health evaluation, appoint a guardian ad litem or other things on a temporary basis. The court is essentially putting a band aid on the situation and providing temporary relief until a final decision can be made by agreement or at trial. We can help you determine whether you should file for a temporary order.

Client Reviews

"Mr Yetter was hired specifically to represent me in a contentious divorce with parenting plan/support complexities. During our consultation appointment, he listened intently with compassion. Asked thoughtful, pertinent questions and laid out a progression plan. Their were multiple court, mediation...

- Melanie

"I hired Mr. Yetter, in a tough time in my life. He was both understanding and knowledgeable. I would use him again in a heartbeat."

- Donald

"Matt Yetter expertly and with sensitivity helped me prepare for and surmount a challenging divorce, where I initially felt overwhelmed and outgunned. Matt was patient and empathic, assisting me to establish and maintain goals that served my best interests and that were ethical to both parties...

- John R., Auburn

Contact Us

  1. 1 Lawyers in Pierce, King, and Thurston Counties
  2. 2 Experienced and Personalized Representation
  3. 3 Free 30-Minute Consultation With an Attorney

Fill out the contact form or call us at (253) 234-1934 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message